Logo

1978 evinrude 85 hp water pump

hadaveha

"i want to replace the water p

"i want to replace the water pump on a 78 evinrude 85 hrs but i cant get the foot to drop i took all 5 of the bolts, i even took the shift tube loose still cant get it to drop. any ideas.
thnku"

There is one more bolt.Remove

There is one more bolt.Remove the trim tab.And there it is.

"heat is the next step,but it

"heat is the next step,but it may not help...rem that alum does not get red,it just melts away,and fast."

"is there anyother way to get

"is there anyother way to get the foot loose from the trim, if i take the side plates off that cover the motor mounts can u swing the unit up and away from the trim, these bolts are not going anywhere im afrraid i will break them off"

Trim tab is above the propelle

Trim tab is above the propeller.There is a bolt up in there.If you have to destroy the trim tab they are cheap and plentiful ( used ) at most dealers.

i feel like such and idiot i h

i feel like such and idiot i have had that bolt out and the other 4 around the lower section of the foot and i took the shift tube loose under the carbs but it wont budge i must be still soing something wrong it couldnt be stuck that bad could it

Have you taken 6 bolts out of

Have you taken 6 bolts out of it?????

4 Bolts take a 9/16" wrenc

4 Bolts take a 9/16" wrench. One bolt takes a 5/8" socket and the one under the trim tab takes 1/2" socket.

got it off thnku so much just

got it off thnku so much just one more question now i got it all put back together and have the earmuffs on it once it starts how long should it be before i see some water comming out of the outlets

Back