Logo

Which boat would you keep

bubbafranks

"I bought a boat 2 weeks ago.

"I bought a boat 2 weeks ago. a friend needed some help and gave me a good deal in return. I never fished from it but he liked it a lot.

Then, I inherited a boat this week.

Now I have a boat in the driveway and one I need to pick up and also put somewhere. I want to sell one. Don't want to have to fish and drive both to decide, just too inconvenient.

I Need Help. Which would you keep? Sell?

I intend to mostly fish lakes with no specific engine requirements and don't tend to fish if the weathers bad. The two boats are

1998 Basstracker Proteam 17.5' 2003 Mercury 75hp 2 stroke oil injection.

1985 Ranger 372V 17.5' 1990 Evinrude 150hp V6 2 stroke oil injection.

Both boats are in nice shape. I know most of the history on both boats. They both have tilt/trim, good trolling mtr, live well, electronics, good trailers etc. The ranger has a second console, wider beam and is made of fiberglass. The basstracker is aluminum.

I would love some opinions and/or good or bad experiences with these motors or boats. THANKS!}}"

"i would absolutely,...keep th

"i would absolutely,...keep the ranger/evin...no doubt about it......i would already be putting gas
in it...of which,..is going to use more than the other rig,.....but, what a ride !!"

"Basstracker's aren't

"Basstracker's aren't bad rigs but the Ranger is definitely a higher quality boat. If you've maintained the 'Rude, it should run for a long, long time so that's not really an issue. Yes the Merc is a newer motor but it's also 1/2 the horses that you have in the 'Rude. The ranger will have a better ride and be a much more stable fishing platform.

KJ"

"Your friend who needed help -

"Your friend who needed help - was that because of financial difficuties or similar where he was basically forced to sell the boat?
If so you could always hold onto the boat you got off your friend for a few months to see if he gets back on his feet again, he may appreciate being able to buy back the boat he loved at the same price."

I sold my friends boat (tr

I sold my friends boat (tracker)and made a tidy profit which I gave to my friend. Thanks for everyone's input

Back