Logo

Throttle Remote Problems

bthornhill

"I have a Commander 3000 Class

"I have a Commander 3000 Classic throttle remote on my boat. The throttle only button located in the middle lower section of the remote has been difficult to engage lately, its almost like the button no longer works. Took the boat out the other day and it would not crank in neutral. I finally moved the throttle stick back slightly (like placing motor in reverse) and the engine would start but is still in the forward gear. I can not get it to crank in neutral or go in reverse??? Any ideas?"

"neutral safety switch in cont

"neutral safety switch in control box needs adjustment. what color is the button on control, there is a newer part out but it is a beech to change"

"Byron,

The manufacturer se

"Byron,

The manufacturer sells a kit that contains all of the parts needed to repair the "throttle only" mechanism. It sounds like you need a neutral safety switch also, but I would take the remote apart first and see what things look like inside.

Tony"

sounds like You managed to eng

sounds like You managed to engage the nuetral button in gear. when You disassemble it You can sort it out.

"Thanks guys. I want to fish

"Thanks guys. I want to fish today and I'm afraid if I take it apart, it's not going to run for a few days
I'll tackle it tomorrow."

Back