Logo

Tilt Trim Relay

john

Contributing Member
" This is in addition to my Fo

" This is in addition to my Force 40 trim question below. Can the relays associated with tilt trim / up/down be miss matched & therefore not work? See my post below, but basically, my 'up' doesn't work - but, if I switch the relays around, the 'up' works, but the 'down' doesn't. So, the motor is fine - it's just a relay issue (I hope). I've replaced the bad relay with no luck. I'm wondering if I need to replace both of them? Thoughts? "

" John,

The relays are comm

" John,

The relays are common relays. I don't think they could be mismatched. Maybe you replaced the wrong relay? How did you determine which relay was bad?

Tony "

" I wanted to update this mess

" I wanted to update this message in case anyone has the same problem in the future.

I was changing the bad relay with a new one. The relay that was working - I left it alone. No matter how many combinations of things I tried, the good relay worked fine & the new relay would not work. A person at my parts store said that it was a good idea to replace both of them - so, I bought one more new relay. I put them both in & the tilt/trim worked fine! I can't explain it - but the relays are somehow connected. I hope this helps someone in the future.
John "

Back