Logo

Chris Craft Model K zero compression help

scott

Contributing Member
" Trying to start my Model K t

" Trying to start my Model K that "used to run great" 4 years ago. Compression check showed zero compression in cylinders 1, 3, 5 and 6 and only 30 psi in 2 & 4. Sprayed liquid wrench to free any stuck valves and looses rings. Then tried mystery oil. Still no compression.

Before I pull the head, I have to ask, what can make a "good" engine go to zero compression in 4 years? Turned it over myself and squirted oil in the cylinders every fall. "

Update - current theory - sur

Update - current theory - surface rust stoping valves from seating well. Goo #3 being tried and if this does not work we will initiate a 'valve job'... Thoughts?

"Sounds like you're on the

"Sounds like you're on the right track, Scott. Rust on the cylinder walls and rings could contribute as well. If you can get access to one, taking a look inside with a bore scope would help confirm your suspicions, but pulling a flathead is fairly easy and may only cost a new head gasket.

"

"I would say stuck valves woul

"I would say stuck valves would be the first choice. A valve that won't close, certainly won't allow any compression to be read.

Dogsharks38"

Back