Logo

Mercury Sport jet 90hp no spark

D

Don Sanders

" I am looking for the cause o

" I am looking for the cause of the engine working (giving spark to the spark plugs one day) then not giving spark 2 days later. All that was done is that I docked the boat, then no "juice" to the plugs 2 days later.

Thanks. "

"Don, unfortunately you have o

"Don, unfortunately you have one of the Sports Jet with the faulty stator/rectifier assy. They were big failures with that motor. They were covered under warranty a few years back, but have since become the owners responsibility, even though the manufacturer of the parts (not Merc) was at fault. You need to take it to your dealer to have repaired under the "red stator" bulletin.

daren

"

" I have had a simmilar proble

" I have had a simmilar problem that happened a few weeks ago. I was out runing arround and the engine just cut and would not start. The Symptoms were just like the kill switch was pulled and what Don Sanders is describing above. I checked the switches and they all seem fine. I took it to the dealer (who knows nothing about sport jet 90's) and is stalling on the repair. Would this still be the same problem (common sense tells me yes, however I am not familiar to jet drives.)

Thanks,

Jason "

"just funny that i am reading

"just funny that i am reading this article.have the same problem with a 1994 force engin120hp.never had a problem with my engine ;one day on the water started given me trouble won't idle;stall start;stall start;once got into gear no problem ran good;thought I had bad winter gas.know 2 cylinders are dead running on 3@4 only.change the switchbox; still same problem;it was the stator; force had tha same problem from 1992 - 1997, the thing i can't understand is what the regulator have to be change forif it is working fine."

Back