Logo

Prop for 1985 Evinrude 2hp

matt

" I would like to replace the

" I would like to replace the prop on my 1985 2hp Evinrude and keep the current, beat up one as a spare. I need some help in finding suitable replacements.

From some searching, it appears the correct replacement might be an OMC 125990 (3-blade plastic 7 1/2 X 4). Is this correct?

Since I'm using this motor on a fairly light weight canoe, I was wondering if I could move up in pitch to get some more top end. These look like possibilities: OMC 115208 (3-blade plastic 7 1/2 X 4 1/2), OMC 115299 (3-blade aluminum 7 1/4 X 5) or maybe even OMC 318487 (3-blade plastic 7 1/2 X 6).

How do I know if these would even fit the shaft of my motor? The prop that's on there seems to have a circular rubber insert that mates to a plastic piece on the prop shaft. Would this rubber piece come with replacement props or would I remove it from my old one and fit it into the new prop?

Thanks for your help,
Matt "

Matt; The only prop offered n

Matt; The only prop offered now is p/n 125990 7.5x4 plastic retail $25.95 US the rubber insert does NOT come with the prop

" Thanks Jupiterzeke.

Those

" Thanks Jupiterzeke.

Those other props I listed are for other OMC applications in the 2-3hp range, some for 1991 and newer motors. Have those already been discontinued? I'd be very interested in experimenting with a couple of those if they're available and will fit.

Is there also a part number for that rubber insert? I figure it's unlikely, but I'd hate to lose a prop while on the water and have a spare prop but no insert to fit it with.

Thanks again,
Matt "

" Matt;'91 and newer are v

" Matt;'91 and newer are very different motors,props are NOT the same! p/n 333513-drive pin $1.45,315471-clutch ring $10.43,316559-clutch hub $14.95 US "

Back