Logo

Evinrude 95 1968

P

Paul Stewart

" I have just picked up a 9.5

" I have just picked up a 9.5 1968 Evinrude and it seems to be running great. However I have heard that there might be a concern regarding the engines mounts. They appear to be fine, yet I was wondering if there is any preventative measures one can take to avoid any problems during this season? Also any other tips concerning my new purchase? Thanks....Paul "

" Paul;To save motor mounts DO

" Paul;To save motor mounts DO NOT let kids use that motor,DO NOT do ANY wave/wake jumping,NEVER back up into anything including mud.Bear in mind that a newer 8hp will outperform that engine on less gas and parts are available for them!! "

Mounts are rubber bonded and

Mounts are rubber bonded and will fail from time to time. It is a fishing motor not a hot rod for kids. At 60 lbs it is lighter than new motors. Just keep water out of the lower unit and enjoy.

" 60 pounds lighter than a new

" 60 pounds lighter than a new motor??what motor are you talking about???A stupid,gutless 4stroke "

Jupiterzeke;
F.Y

Jupiterzeke;
F.Y.I. four strokes are heavier than two strokes.You probably know that as you usualy recomend just running out and buying a new motor.

Broke Bob.

" jupter zeker , the post said

" jupter zeker , the post said " at 60lbs it is lighter than new motors" it DID NOT SAY that it is 60lbs lighter. "

i have a 1971 evinrude 9.5 th

i have a 1971 evinrude 9.5 that i have owned since it was new & i skied behind it for the first 7 or eight years i owned it on my 14'semi v aluminum boat.does this engine have the same problem & should i be worried about it
thanx for any info

Mounts were not a chronic pro

Mounts were not a chronic problem. Your motor is 32 years old and have you had to replace mounts? The most common problem with them is cracked coils and water in the lower unit that causes the cast in bushing above the pinion to wear. Any sign of water in the lower unit means you need to reseal the gearcase.Great fishing motors that you can carry.A 5hp HONDA also comes in at 60 lbs.

thanks for the info sparky...

thanks for the info sparky...it has been a great motor & your right it is very easy to carry & despite being a two stroke carb it does very good on gas.yes the mounts are original as are everything else

People need to learn that &#3

People need to learn that " new " does not mean better.The other day I stepped on the recoil housing of a 63- 3hp johnson to get on the dock. Would not think of doing that on a new plastic wonder motor.

how many yrs did they make th

how many yrs did they make the johnson/evenrude 9.5 outboard

Back