Logo

H2OPressure

trooper

" Strange things... Last boati

" Strange things... Last boating season the water pessure on my 92 Johnson 150 was 6-8 psi at idle and 15-25 psi while running wot. Now I put the boat in the water this season and noticed the pressure at idle was 20 psi and while running it pegs the needle on my 30 psi gauge. I have not changed the water pump so I am not sure what is going on here! My only theroy is that the hull is water logged from all the rain we had this winter and therefore heavier, which causes the water pick-up to be lower in the water. This still does not explain the increased pressure at idle. Its a weak theroy, but its all I have right now! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Trooper "

"Trooper.... Water pressure fr

"Trooper.... Water pressure from the water pump to the internal portions of the engine has nothing to do with the weight of the boat or its draft.

The water gauge hose should be plugged into (usually) a "T" fitting at the engine powerhead. Trace the small water hose leading into the front of the engine to that "T".

Another portion of that "T" should be (again usually) connected to the outlet hose (water outlet telltale). If that telltale outlet becomes restricted for any reason, the water pressure will increase to the gauge.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

" Thanks you Joe, I had not th

" Thanks you Joe, I had not thought of that. I do remember looking to see if water was comming out of the telltale and it was , but I did not check for a partial restriction. Should I just disconnect the hose and use blow compressed air through the line or should I run something into the line?

Trooper "

"Trooper.... Hard to say witho

"Trooper.... Hard to say without actually being there. I'd simply suggest inspecting the lines and do whatever is necessary. Good Luck.

Joe
"

Back