Logo

How to manually tilt 1997 yamaha 40 hp

J

Jane

"The power tilt on our motor s

"The power tilt on our motor seems to be dead. We bought a manual for our motor (C40PLRV) and it says that there is a way to manually tilt the motor (currently it is tilted down and we need to lift it up). The book directs us to a hole on the mount with a picture of the motor tilting: it says to turn the screw with a screw driver. However, the screw is tiny and positioned at a hard to reach angle. My husband has already broken a screw driver trying to turn it. Does anyone have a suggestion, or know a way to get this thing to tilt without spending 1500 for the new power tilt component? Thanks."

screw does not come all the wa

screw does not come all the way out is stopped by snap ring you will damage your unit just loosen and lift up on motor from lower unit

"I just got the same engine wi

"I just got the same engine without a manual. Do I need to premix 2 stroke oil 100:1 to the gas tank before I add it or do I add the oil somewere in the engine and it will be added automatically?

I tried looking on the Yamaha website, but the manuals only go back to 1998 and there was no C40PLRW"

Back