Logo

Evinrude how to connect Speedometer and Tachometer

robbie

i bought my speed boat with no

i bought my speed boat with not connecting Speedometer and Tachometer.
how can i connet them?

"Robbie, Conventional speedom

"Robbie, Conventional speedometers run off the pressure caused by the water passing a "Pitot" tube that is mounted on the transom, sticking into the water stream. They are usually white plastic. The electricity to a speedo is for the night light.

The Tachometer runs off the alterator of the outboard motor. it uses +12V (purple wire), -12V (black wire) and the voltage regulator output on the grey wire. Set the Tach for 6P, or whatever is required for your HP."

do you mean that the speedo co

do you mean that the speedo connect to a sensor that stiking to the external part of the boat body?
about the tachometer: it's direct to the bettery?

"Pos '11' is the pitot

"Pos '11' is the pitot tube. Attached at the transom. Note that some engines have a built-in tube in the lower gear housing with at nipple for the hose attachment at the front top of lower unit.

62565.gif
"

"Robbie, The tachometer count

"Robbie, The tachometer counts the pulses from the alterantor to determine the RPM. The grey wire on most outboards has the "counting" signal. The tach also needs +12V and -12V."

"morten do you know if in evin

"morten do you know if in evinrude 115hp V4 1995
ocean pro (e115sleoc) have pitot tube? i didnt find.
about the tacho meter i connect the 3 wires an its not doing nothing. when i put the purple wire i saw a lettel movement.
you told me to Set the Tach for 6P, or whatever is required for your HP. do you know what my engine require?
thanks."

"Depends on Your mod number, t

"Depends on Your mod number, the GL seems to have. Ref pos 4 and 5 on below pick.
Prowiding You have the right type of tach, the puls connection is the grey wire in the harness. Even if You have a System check harness, it should be a seperate grey at the instrument end which You may use. The setting of the tach depends of numbers of coils in the alternator, Your setting I think to remember should be '6'.
62587.gif
"

Back