Logo

More of a steering and throttle issue

R

Rocky Schmidt

I have just bought a Panache 1

I have just bought a Panache 1850 (1998 model)with a Mariner 200 of 217 hrs. A few questions from a newcomer:
1) The steering is fine at speeds below 30-35Mph but as soon as I crank up the volume I have to really hang onto the wheel to stop the boat veering left. Is this normal or what should I look for.

2) The throttle engauges the gears at the top of it's arc but the motor only starts revving much lower down with the entire travel from idle to full out between the 9 and 10 o clock range. Difficlt to keep a constant low speed for tube towing with all the power in a few inches. Any ideas what I can do here as well.

"Issue 1) If you are trimm

"Issue 1) If you are trimming the motor out when you accelerate, pulling to the left is not unusual. You can not trim out so much, or adjust the zinc anode to make the motor pull a bit to the right.

Issue 2)There may not be any practical fix. My 16' speedboat with a 150HP Merc has destroyed many tubes from too much acceleration. It tears them up. You could try a prop with a smaller pitch. This will increase your power (thing lower gear), and give a bit more leeway on the throttle setting."

"u need to adjust the trim tap

"u need to adjust the trim tap on the boat to the left

check all cable connections at the motor, sounds like some slop in there"

Back