Logo

No Spark 1977 25 H P Evinrude

• Thread starter William R. Van Vleet
  • Start date
W

William R. Van Vleet

"My water pump went out and th

"My water pump went out and the engine froze. It started later to confirm the water pump was out. It was repaired and the head trued. The engine started but stopped within 2 min. I then had no spark. I have inspected all wiring-no problems found. Then did all the ohmmeter tests per Seloc manual. Everythig in range except coils. New coils arrived today from Marine Engine but I am afraid to fire it up because the engine ran w/old coils and ohms were identical before and after it stopped last time. Simple neon test light indicates the charge coil is working. Can I test the sensor coil and powerpack w/ my ohm/voltmeter or simple neon light? Thank you,you guys do a great service for we neophytes."

Retested all

Retested all

Retested all ohmeter and simple test light tests per Seloc with new ignition coils installed. All ok except no power out of wire B and C from Power Pak and of course no spark at the plugs. I did the same test before and had power out but that may have been before it last started. Am headed to the dealer to have them test the PP off the engine.

Back