Logo

Wont start in water wont idle just wont go for me

B

Brook Kinsela

HEy i have a 115 hp mercury ou

HEy i have a 115 hp mercury outboard which has given me trouble since the day i bought it i took it out yesterday and had trouble getting it going in the water but when i have it at home and start it up she goes fine sometimes i can get it going in the water but then i find that there are dead spots in the trottle and finally ever since i got it it would never start i don't have the money to go buy a brand new boat and i love this one some one please help me i want to go skying and fishing soon any advise would be good also i took it to get a service last year and the bloke did a Sh#t job still doesn't idle right and well one thing after another seems to go wronge with it why

what year is it???? How much d

what year is it???? How much did you pay for it??? Have you checked compression ????

i have no idea what year it is

i have no idea what year it is something from the late 80's i think how do i check compression and i payed $15000 for it i clearned the spark plugs and the top five were really durty and the bottom one was clean as they are farly new too

$15000.00 ????? The bottom plu

$15000.00 ????? The bottom plug being clean may indicate it is only running on 5 cylinders. You must check this out or have it checked at a shop.If you are willing to pay 15000.00 i have a few that I hope you might want to purchase.

thats the problem i have payed

thats the problem i have payed that for this one and i'm not getting another one and also this may sound dum but the three cadorators are they supose to have covers

"Brook, How long has the same

"Brook, How long has the same fuel been in there. You may want to drain it and try fresh fuel. You would be amazed what effect bad fuel will have especially with 2-strokes."

Back