Logo

1995 Mercury 150 XRI EFI

B

Brian Albri

"I have a 95 Merc 150 XRI EFI

"I have a 95 Merc 150 XRI EFI with 2 problems.

1. My water indicator does not have a heavy stream coming out, The impeller was just replaced, the outlet hole is clear and the water intake is not clogged. My lines do not appear to be blocked. Could this be due to bad thermostats?

2. My warning buzzer goes off, and I find that the oil level in my reserve reservoir on top of the motor is low on oil. The gaskets on the main oil reservoir under my back deck have just been replaced, but the same thing is happening. Any idea of what may be the cause?

thanks, Brian"

"1. yes

2.might be the tran

"1. yes

2.might be the transfer pump,but i do not know if they use one, might be vacuum, i forgot"

Thanks for the response. The o

Thanks for the response. The oil reservoir is vacuum.

check all seals and check valv

check all seals and check valves for the oil system

main fault is the cap o-rings

"Brian,

The oil is pumped f

"Brian,

The oil is pumped from the remote tank by crankcase pressure. There is a check valve on the casing. See if it is working. Make sure the hoses are not reversed. The oil supply hose must be connected to the barb that leads to the bottom of the remote tank.

It sounds like the by-passes on the thermostats are clogged, or you might have the wrong stats. You need a stat with a tiny hole in the top which serves as a by-pass.

Tony"

"Tony,

What is the location

"Tony,

What is the location of the check valve? I can see a brass valve in line with the hose feeding up from the oil reservoir under the rear deck to the motor that is shaped like a tee,with the hose on two of the barbs, but not the third. Is this it? The hoses have not been moved from where they were.

Thanks, Brian"

"The valve you are talking abo

"The valve you are talking about is a check valve that allows air to enter in the event that the feed hose becomes obstructed or clogged. This wasy oil will still flow to the pump.

The valve I am talking about is on the front, starboard side of the crankcase. The pressure hose attatches to it. It's purpose is to allow only pressure from the crank into the hose, and prevent vacuum from reducing the pressure.

Tony"

Back