Logo

Please help 86 Bayliner Capri

brenna_8

"I would like to know what siz

"I would like to know what size of a prop would this boat take,its a 4 cylinder if that makes a difference, and it is 18 foot, please help me."

"Depends on the motor size and

"Depends on the motor size and some other factors as well. I have the AQ125B and i currently have a 14x15 installed on my 86' 18.5ft bayliner. It works well for pulling skiers. Max speed is about 34mph (est.) with four adults on board. If you are looking for higher speeds, you may want to go with a 14x17 or 14x19. Beware tho, the boat may overheat as the prop is spinning too fast without the proper friction. If you are looking for pulling power, the 14x15 is a good choice, or you may look at a 15x15. HTH, and I hope I didn't confuse or lead you down the wrong path.....I am sure El Pascador will correct me if I am wrong. (PLEASE DO IF I AM WRONG!)"

"You are correct, Ron.

You

"You are correct, Ron.

You know you are using the right propeller when you have a good hole shot and the engine RPM is between 4800-5100 at WOT (this goes for Volvo 4 cylinder OHC and OHV engines). If you cannot reach those RPM, then you know your boat is overpropped and you need to use a propeller with less pitch or less diameter (or both)."

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
thumbs_up.gif
I don't wanna step on your toes, El Pescador, just to clarify the Volvo manual indicates 4800 WOT for AQ125 and 5100 WOT for AQ145. AQ145 and BB145 can go 5500 WOT for "light, fast boats." Cruise speed 300-500 rpm less. That seems to be the break off point in WOT. butting out now.
yawn.gif
"

"Ted, you are correct and you

"Ted, you are correct and you are not stepping on my toes. But the question is: what is Brenna's engine? In his profile, he states "4 cyl i/o". Therefore, I just gave a generic answer in absence of more data."

"Well, since a generic respose

"Well, since a generic respose does not seem to satify some forum members, let's then be technically correct. The following information is from the Volvo Penta brochures:

AQ120A: recommended maximum RPM are 4400-4800
AQ125B: recommended maximum RPM are 4800
AQ130A&D: maximum operating speed is 5100 RPM.
AQ130C: maximum operating speed is 5500 RPM.
AQ131A&C: recommended maximum RPM are 4800
AQ140A: recommended maximum RPM at full throttle are 4500-5100
AQ145A&B: recommended maximum RPM at full throttle are 4500-5100
AQ151: maximum operating speed is 4800-5500 RPM.

I just hope that Brenna Potts's boat has one of the above engines, so that she can pick the right propeller to achieve the corresponding maximum RPM."

"Hi, If anyone can help me wha

"Hi, If anyone can help me whats the problem if my boat pulls to the left when going in the 3000 rpm and up?"

Back