Logo

How to replace seats

T

Terry Vicknair

" First off I relize this is a

" First off I relize this is a marine engine message board. If you can help or point me in the right direction I would apprediate it. I have aquired an older tri-hull fishing boat from my Grandfather. I need to replace the seats. There was a driving seat, of course, and one passenger seat. He had on seat just sitting there in the drivers position. It was dry rotted. How in the heck do you attach a new seat to the hull? He said something about using a piece of wood but was not really sure how to do it. "

" Terry I wil try to help, but

" Terry I wil try to help, but need more info. Does this boat have a deck to attatch the seats to or when in the boat are you standing on the fiberglass hull? Youi may ask around your area for some tips, as what I will try to explain over the net may or may not make sense. Have you any experience with fiberglass?? What type of seats are you attempting to put in, base mount like a bench seat or pedestal mount like a fishing seat? Give me more info and I will try to help. Kim "

" It has a deck. I have a litt

" It has a deck. I have a little experience with fiberglass. I know how to work with it. Have used it before. The seats would be base mount, like a bench seat. The one that was still in it did not have the box under it like the ones I have seen online. The boat is a 15'3" Promaster if that helps. The way it looks you have to somehow attach it from underneath? Pull the whole deck up? "

" I have a 17" tri hull, w

" I have a 17" tri hull, with back to back lounge seats, you fold the seats up (if they are like mine) and unscrew them from the floor. The floor (or deck) is not the bottom of the boat. The square base of the boat seat has a small wooden cross brace that has screws in it. You can buy replacement boat seats on line, just put in "boat seats" in google search engine. I have found them as low as $99 per seat.

Good luck! "

nice topic. replacing the seat. how about to replace the seat cover? what color is best to replace the seat cover? and how much will cost if i replace the two boat seat? is it cool to replace it with a discount boat seat? has anyone buy a discount boat seat?

Back