Logo

Shear Pins for 95 Johnson

riverrat54

"Hi folks, I'm new to the

"Hi folks, I'm new to the board and need some help with a few things. I have inherited a 9.5 Johnson "Low Boy" motor, the numbers I got from the tag on it were;
Model # MO 12A
Serial # J2672735
They were a little hard to see, but I think I got them correct.
I don't know the age of the motor, but it runs good and looks as if it has never been rebuilt.
I need some shear pins (A half dozen or so, I run the Honey Island Swamp in southeast Louisiana), and I also need the plastic perforated cover that fits on top of the carburetor since the one that was on it broke when I tried to remove it.
Any help would appreciated."

"the intake screen is a dealer

"the intake screen is a dealer item,and the pins are not even offered in my aftermarket books any more,so best bet,is obtain those from dealer,or maybe on this site,ck the parts area."

"Claude,

I think that's

"Claude,

I think that's a MQ-12A (not a MO 12A)

9.5HP 1966.

jwbmarine is right about the shear pins and cover, you will have to go to a dealer.

The part number for the pins should be 307949.

The part number for the screen should be 0309786"

"Thanks to both of you for you

"Thanks to both of you for your replies!
Off to the dealer I go on Monday. I'm sure I'll have to order them if the motor is that old (thats the same year my truck was built), but for now I'll have to take a chance on the shear pins... me and the wife are headed out to do some fishin, and put out some catfish lines.
It's good to find a message board with folks like ya'll on board.
Thanks again!
thumbs_up.gif
"

Back