Logo

Twin 270s

alfred

"I have twin FWC crusaders 198

"I have twin FWC crusaders 1983 with Rochester carbs. I usually run the engines at 2800-3200 RPMs and she cruses at 17 to 22 kts. The engines have 972p and 965 starboard, hours on them and run great. The boat is a 29 Phoenix convertable. They have exectronic ingition done 5 years ago. We can run the boat for hours without a problem. Once I put the boat at idle, she konks out after about a minute. 90% of the time she fires right back up. I have changed fuel filter several times, re-built the carbs twice, replaced the fuel pump and ran the boat on different gas tanks. The problem persists. The engines are well maintained and both engines run at 178 degress with oil pressure between 35-40lbs. What am I not doing and thanks in advance for the help"

Sounds like carbs to me. When

Sounds like carbs to me. When they ebuilt the carbs did they replace the floats? They are probably half saturated by now and causing a rich condition. How about the choke pull-offs They could be leaking vacuum. And then there is the quadrajet leaking secondary metering well problem.

Thanks but I had the carbs reb

Thanks but I had the carbs rebuilt twice and also used a freinds carb which is identical and it still stalled

Back