Logo

MD2B Hot Manifold

A

Allan Loveday

I have recently completely ov

I have recently completely overhauled my MD2B (fitted to a Westerly Centaur). I an now having exhaust elbow overheating problems. The running temperature of the engine is 45 to 50 C so that part seems OK but one can not touch the Exhaust elbow and I get steam at 1700 RPM and higher. Has anyone any helpful info please
I have recently completely overhauled my MD2B (fitted to a Westerly Centaur). I an now having exhaust elbow overheating problems. The running temperature of the engine is 45 to 50 C so that part seems OK but one can not touch the Exhaust elbow and I get steam at 1700 RPM and higher. Has anyone any helpful info please

" If you are getting steam, th

" If you are getting steam, then it seems to me that you are not getting enough water flow. There could be a blockage somewhere. I assume this is the raw water cooled model? I have an MD1. Did you recently replace the thermostat? There are two kinds of thermostats, the standard automotive looking ones and the one for the early MD1-2 that has a plunger attached. The plunger allows water to flow through the bypass until the engine heats up. You might want to check this. Pull the thermostat out and run the engine and see if you still get the overheated riser. Keep me posted. "

" I have a MD2B, your problem

" I have a MD2B, your problem is one of two things. You are not getting enough water to the exhaust or you have blown ahead gasket and exhaust is flowing into the water jacket. This is a common problem with the MD series of Volvo. Another problem to check is where your headbolts on the intake side of the head (the ones that torque to 33 foot lbs) meet the block. There is very little metal there and it is very easy to crack the block and not see it. This causes the bolt to loosen and the other bolts will also give slightly and cause you to blow the head gasket.....never, never helicoil these holes. "

"I would like to have informat

"I would like to have information on a 9 HP marine diesel volvo engine like what is the model name and how to get engine manual any information much apreciated, thak you. Armando Nienhuser}"

Back