Logo

43 oil pressure sensor

H

herc dog

"I have a 2002 merc 4.3 i/o wh

"I have a 2002 merc 4.3 i/o when you throttle up to plane off the motor cuts out. I was told it was the oil pressure sensor, when the sensor was disconnected and the wires were jumped the motor ran fine do you think it is a bad sensor or a more serious problem? if it's a sensor where can I find one online?"

"If jumpering the sender Out o

"If jumpering the sender Out of the circuit causes it to run Right,.......
I'd have to Agree,.... It Looks like the Culprit.....

If you look to the Right of this page,.....
Click on the Engine Parts link,+ Find the 1 you Need......"

"I agree with bondo, typically

"I agree with bondo, typically (at last in my experance with cars). But I think at the very least you should consider putting a good manual gauge on there just to be 100% sure.

Just my .02
-Eric"

"The only problem with a manua

"The only problem with a manual gauge is that when the sensor senses there is no oil pressure there is an automatic cut off which kills the engine, so I would still have to replace the sensor or just leave it jumped( which I would rather not do )"

"[b] "The only problem wit

" "The only problem with a manual gauge is that when the sensor senses there is no oil pressure there is an automatic cut off which kills the engine, so I would still have to replace the sensor or just leave it jumped( which I would rather not do )"

Well,...... Not Quite,.........

The Fuel Pump Cut-off Switch is mounted down by the Oil Filter,+ it's Only job is to supply, or Stop the Power to the Fuel Pump......

The Oil Pressure Gauge get's it's signal from the Oil Pressure Sender,.....
Usually mounted up by the Dist......

You could also "T" off either 1 of these,+ plumb in a mechanical Gauge from There.....
I have 1 mounted in the engine box like that....

You need the Switch,.... Not the Sender....."

Back