Logo

1975 Johnson 25hp Wonbt Fire

M

mark willingham

"It was running a few weeks ag

"It was running a few weeks ago. I put a new impeller in it and got new gas for it. Swapped form 87 to 93 octane (yes I added oil 50:1.) Put it in the water and it fired right up for about 3 sec. and then died. Will not fire again. I didn't have time to check for spark, but can't imagine both plugs fowling at same time."

"ck for spark...CHECK YOUR TAN

"ck for spark...CHECK YOUR TANK FOR WATER,by taking a fuel sample out from hose.When was the last time,it had a thorough tune up,carb job?"

"New gas, so I can pretty much

"New gas, so I can pretty much rule that out. I will check spark tomorrow. I want to replace plugs with NGK. What size does it take?"

"It has autolite plugs in it a

"It has autolite plugs in it already and it has spark. I am going to change to the Champion, but I don't think that is the problem. Any other ideas?"

"If You have spark (strong

"If You have spark (strong and 'blue'), You may have it at the wrong time! Take off the flywheel and check the key. When off, change both points and condensators and meassure the coils as well (ohm). Disconnect the stop circuit to be sure that one does not create a problem and check that ground wire '25' is in place and grounding properly.
A 'sudden death' like You describe is often caused by a 'common' part like flywheel key, stop circuit, grounding of armateur plate.
61979.gif
"

Back