Logo

DT 65 wont run full thottle

W

william rann

i have a dt65. It runs good up

i have a dt65. It runs good up to half thottle after that it seems to cut back. There is no alarms. I have had the Carbs rebuilt and all the fuel and oil systems cleaned out. What should i try before replacing the motor. The motor ran good last year now I have this problem. The motor was completely rebuilt 3 years ago.

i have tried that. someone tol

i have tried that. someone told me that my cdi box is going bad.

i have a good spark on all plu

i have a good spark on all plugs. the motor starts to cut back after half throttle. it is an electrical issue. when it cuts back the motor has a black smoke

a suzuki dealer told me that t

a suzuki dealer told me that the cdi is bad. my next problem s do they make it aftermarket or do i have to buy it from the factory

i had the cdi tested at anothe

i had the cdi tested at another dealership. the cdi was good. they told me to check the water flow sensor. it was broken so i replaced it and the water pump. we are unable to test due to boat having the floor replaced. di you think this may have fixed the problem

"Hi, I have a DT55 1987 model

"Hi, I have a DT55 1987 model with the same problem. I can get 4200rpm max and it's just had a re-build. I was wondering If you found a solution to your problem as the motors if the same year only differ in carby jets. Thanks"

Back