Logo

Evinrude 115 no fire

eugene

"Hello,
I have a frined that

"Hello,
I have a frined that has a evinrude 115hp 1996 that is not getting fire to the plugs he has replace the power pack, wires, coils, and plugs. he wants to replace the stator now could this be it or could it be the trigger? by the time he gets done he might have a new motor.
Thanks,"

Eugene...have your friend chec

Eugene...have your friend check the small plug that connects the stator to the power pack...make sure the pins are all the way into the plug and that it is not making just point to point contact and that they are fully seated..disconnect them and look into the plug to make sure a pin is not pushed back...the stator can be checked with an ohmmeter for continuity...i dont have the proper reading with me but check for open...if it reads infinity you def have a bad stator..a 40 buck inductive timing light is a tool that is handy to troubleshoot the ignition area...good luck..Carl

"If a V4-50 with OIS ignition

"If a V4-50 with OIS ignition (You forgot the model number), the most probably part is the optical sensor.
Take off the timing wheel on top of the flywheel, and the plastic covers and bits (not the fly wheel)."

Back