Logo

Check Engine Light

slanger33

I have a 1997 Evinrude Vindica

I have a 1997 Evinrude Vindicator 225 that the warning buzzer comes on when I first start the engine and has a continuos beep for around 30 - 40 seconds and then the buzzer stops and the check engine light remains on. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

"that is indicative of fuel re

"that is indicative of fuel restriction,chg fuel filters,ck hoses for kinks etc,ck anti siphon valve,on outlet of fuel tank if equipped."

"Well I have changed all the f

"Well I have changed all the filters and checked all the hoses. Not sure if I have an anti-siphon valve or not, could not locate it any way. Where exactly is the valve? Anyway after doing all of that I am still getting the same alarm. Can that alarm possibly be something else?"

"the anti siphon valve,is loca

"the anti siphon valve,is located on your built-in fuel tank...(if valve is there)..it is on the outlet,in the nipple,basically,a ck-ball..that tends to skick closed ,or gets to tight.,other than that,i would say poss bad sender,bad sys ck gauge etc..I think,you need to have it checked by a mechanic,they can run tests,that you cant,fuel restriction,etc..You might change the primer bulb,as one last measure...its a common source of restriction.."

"unplug #23,and see if it stil

"unplug #23,and see if it still does it...
61705.gif
"

Well if you are talking about

Well if you are talking about just unplugging the wires I have already done that and it still stays on. I did notice a little while ago that it went off for a while and then it came back on.

"if u unplugged the vacuum swi

"if u unplugged the vacuum switch,and the check eng light is still on and horn..you have a bad gauge....this sw is diff from VRO.."

Back