Logo

Johnson 6hp wont idle

absolutetruthz

"hello, I have a johnson 6hp 2

"hello, I have a johnson 6hp 2stroke outboard that i recently purchased. when I crank it up it runs ok in high throttle, but it immediately dies when i give less throttle.Does anybody have any idea what the problem could be? I checked compresion....both cylinders at 95, water pump seems to be working ok too....also when i'm running it in high throttle and put it in gear it immediately bogs down and dies. I also noticed that i have to mess with the choke to keep it going. Any info would be helpful...thanks."

Another problem that im having

Another problem that im having with this motor is that after I run it the first time....it wont start back up...like its flooded or something...any ideas?

"Remove the flywheel, then rem

"Remove the flywheel, then remove the ignition coils.Check them for cracking and shorting to the magneto plate."

"if u r under the flywheel,go

"if u r under the flywheel,go ahead,and tune it up!..clean,rebuild carb,install,new carb kit,look at carb float closely for wear,preferably replace float,good chance it may be very old,or original."

I had the same problem. Carb k

I had the same problem. Carb kit solved it. Make sure you soak and then blow out the carburator with compressed air.

Back