Logo

Replace OMC 43 exhaust manifolds with Volvo 43 manifolds

chris_f

"I am thinking of replacing my

"I am thinking of replacing my 1986 omc 4.3 exhaust manifolds. Does anyone know if you could use Volvo 4.3 manifolds. Isn't the 4.3 a GM in both omc and volvo/penta? I would have to make up some of the pipe from the Volvo riser to the omc transom pipe, but $200 per side for volvo 4.3 manifold/riser vs. $1000 for omc (if you can find) seems tempting. Any thoughts?"

"Chris,

It will work just f

"Chris,

It will work just fine. You might want to use the Merc turndown fitting to help with the Y pipe connection.

Good luck"

Do you know if the Merc turndo

Do you know if the Merc turndown fitting will fit onto the volvo riser? which brings up another question- will Merc 4.3 manifolds and risers fit OMC 4.3?

"Yes, the Merc stuff will fit.

"Yes, the Merc stuff will fit. Regarding the turndowns. As long as you get the right ones you will be fine. You will need to match the turndowns and bellows to the riser you decide on. They are available in both three and four inch."

"some bad information here if

"some bad information here if your 86 is a stringer unit and not a Cobra. OMC made both in 86. The Volvo manifolds will interfere with the hydraulic trim cylinders on the 4.3 Stringers. I have manifolds if you need them, but yeah they're expensive.
Info here is good if your drive is a Cobra."

Back