Logo

Ford 302 fuel injection or 4 barrel carb

91mariah50omc

"i have a 91 mariah with the f

"i have a 91 mariah with the factory ford 5.0 h.o. motor in it with the stock 2 barrel carb and new thru hull exhaust and a few other bolt on mods. my question is, is it possible to fuel inject my motor for a reasonable cost or am i better off going for a 4 barrel carb? if i do a carb, what size/brand?? i was thinking i could use a efi setup off of like a 5.0 mustang but that has a bunch of issues with it such as what do i do about O2 sensors and bypassing the tranny and how would i use a flame arrestor on it or do i need it??? is there a affordable way to do it??? i know alot about the chevy tuned port injection so i kinda know what i am doing with it...... someone please help!"

The fuel system items must be

The fuel system items must be Coast Guard approved for marine use by law and for your own safety.

"Do yourself a HUGE favor Josh

"Do yourself a HUGE favor Josh and go with a nice, marine four barrel carb setup EFI (properly set up) would give a bit better gas mileage, but a good four barrel setup is as quick--and one heck of a lot easier to set up! I'd recommend a small Holley MARINE carb on a dual plane manifold.

Jeff"

"I'm with Jeff on this. I

"I'm with Jeff on this. I'm the poster child for fuel injection, but unless you can find a junk 5.0 with a good system on it, the carb makes more sense."

"I recently purchaced a Hydrod

"I recently purchaced a Hydrodyne Grand Sport with a PCM 5.8L EFI. The boat has not been run for 3 years and the butterflies in the throttle body have a good amount of rust on them. There also appears to be a little rust in the manifold. The dealer started and ran the motor on the hose and it ran well. My question, pull the throttle body and rebuild it or run some carb/efi cleaner through it?"

Back