Logo

1989 Yamaha 85 hp Need advice

ram

" Need your advice. Engine ha

" Need your advice. Engine has a bad piston. Where can I get a repair manual, and parts? Also would it be better to change the other pistons as well? What do you recommend would be best? "

Take the motor apart and meas

Take the motor apart and measure the parts and then decide on the repairs that are required.

My advice to you is to have a

My advice to you is to have all cylinders bored the same and install oversized wiseco pistons if the cyl sleeve is scarred. You can get shop manual from marineengine.com or barnes and noble.com(about 40 dollars) clymer b783. After you get a shop manual tear the engine down completely and bring the block to a reputable machine shop to be inspected. They will let you know if the sleeve is scarred. If no cyl sleeves are scarred then you could hone out all 3 holes and install new std rings and replace bad piston for a lot less money. More than likely that bad piston damaged the cyl sleeve and needs boring. Another option is to bore only the bad cyl sleeve and install oversized piston in that hole only. Complete overhaul (bore all 3 cyl and 3 new pistons) will run you about 600 to 700 dollars if you do it yourself and 1000 to 1200 for a shop to do it for you. Hope this helps you.

Jude B. Performance Marine

i need to know what chevy eng

i need to know what chevy engine does volvo penta use on thier aq 151 b

Back