Logo

Parts needed for a 1964 buick 235 v 6 inboard boat engine HELP

• Thread starter James Lancaster
  • Start date
J

James Lancaster

"I need a timming chain tensio

"I need a timming chain tensioner and a cam button for a 1964 buick 235 v6 inboard boat engine.. This is all i need to finish my new engine, I have been looking for these parts for many many months.. I would aperichate any help that anyone could offer. Thanks James Lancaster.. I can be e mailed at [email protected] if you have any information"

" James, since that is an auto

" James, since that is an auto engine converted to Marine use, a good parts store should help you out. Try NAPA or such. If you get stuck, post another message and I will try my local sources for a part # or the actual part. Kim "

" James, I tried my sources fo

" James, I tried my sources for new and no luck. Perhaps you could beat the back woods for an old Buick engine and hope to find a good used one. If you are still stuck, let me know and I will call around to the old time yards in this area, but it probably wont be cheap and the condition will be good used at best. Thats an ols mtor. Can you get a part # or scan a pix of this part???Kim "

" Are you sure it is a 235? I

" Are you sure it is a 235? I have a 225 and the tensioner and cam button are the same as those on the 231, and those are a dime a dozen.

PB "

Back