Logo

135 mariners twins both low on power

ray

" I have twin 95 mariners 135h

" I have twin 95 mariners 135hp that both seem to be running at half power WOT is only 4000 rpm
and have a hard time getting on plane. But when on idle will rev up to 5000 rpm.The engines are not running hot.
Replaced fuel filters at motors, replaced racor fuel water seperators and the sight glass tells me they are getting fuel. it acts like the powerpack is bad. but on both motors???? they idle rough. checked for loose grounds.
Is there an hi or lo governor or something electronically that could have gone bad and utilizes only 3 cyls instead of 6??
hope somebody can give me a sequence to trouble shoot with a DVM

Txs in advance "

the boat is clean it acts lik

the boat is clean it acts like when taking off that both hubs are spinning

jupiterzeke
also i used to b

jupiterzeke
also i used to be able to get on plane on one motor

Re: " I have twin 95 mariners 135h

" I have twin 95 mariners 135hp that both seem to be running at half power WOT is only 4000 rpm
and have a hard time getting on plane. But when on idle will rev up to 5000 rpm.The engines are not running hot.
Replaced fuel filters at motors, replaced racor fuel water seperators and the sight glass tells me they are getting fuel. it acts like the powerpack is bad. but on both motors???? they idle rough. checked for loose grounds.
Is there an hi or lo governor or something electronically that could have gone bad and utilizes only 3 cyls instead of 6??
hope somebody can give me a sequence to trouble shoot with a DVM

Txs in advance "
So what was the outcome of your problem? I have a 2002 Mercury 115hp outboard that once I get it up over 4000 rpms drops rpms back and forth between 4700-4100, and sometimes will not get up on plane, I've had the carbs cleaned, reset to factory, new fuel pump , trigger , stator and regulator, bad wiring also replaced , to no end

Have you checked the double bottom for water intrusion? Normally two engines will not have the same symptoms that points toward the hull? Do a survey of the deck and transom looking for dryrot.

Back