Logo

Type oil to mix with Johnson Outboard

J

Jerry Korte

" I have a 1970 50 HP Johnson,

" I have a 1970 50 HP Johnson, and use to buy my oil to mix with gas at boat dealer in a large town. Yesterday I was in the city and either they moved or they are out of business. What I am faced with is buying the oil at Wal-mart and am wondering if this is good or not. What they have is the Super Tech with TCW-3, and claims to meet all specs etc. Is this good or should I continue to look for Johnson brand oil?? Walmart sells for $5.86 per gallon. I use 50 to one, and I like the price however the price is no good if I have to get a new engine or have work done on mine. Somebody out their let me know which way to go.

Thanks "

" Jerry;Your motor has run for

" Jerry;Your motor has run for 33 years using good oil,why would you even think about putting some "brand-x" oil in your engine?If you can't get John/Rude oil run Mercury's oil or an engine makers oil not gas station or brand-x!Zeke "

" Jerry;
If it ain't br

" Jerry;
If it ain't broke don't mess with it. Use the oil intended for the motor OMC,I buy mine from a local dealer that sells in bulk,$13.00 a gal. kind of pricey but I've never had a problem.

Bob. "

Back