Logo

B

boggle62550

looking for diagrams on 471 d

looking for diagrams on 471 detroit engines problem is pour water in and it comes out the side of engine tube is it a blown head gasket or cracked head

" Your problem could be a blow

" Your problem could be a blown head gasket, a cracked head or a leaking injector tube. The water is leaking into the air box from one or more cylinders then draining out of the air box drain tube. I would suggest you remove the injectors and turn the engine by hand to isolate which cylinder has water coming into it, then remove & pressure test your cylinder head. "

"I have a detriot diesel v-71

"I have a detriot diesel v-71 engine on a 36ft commercial fishing boat and its set up like so: first the diesel motor, then a shaft to the gear reduction box, then from the gear reduction to another shaft witch is hooked up to the propeller. All I want to know is what kind of fluid do I put in the gear reduction box? I assume its just regular gear oil but I want to hear it from a pro before I go about putting in regular marine gear oil. Thank you very much. Hope to hear from you soon.
Ryan Daugherty"

Back