Logo

90HP Nissan Diesels in 32b 1982 Bayliner

R

R. Helm

" Can anyone give me informati

" Can anyone give me information on these engines? I'm particularly interested in known problems, maintenance issues etc. "

" With engines this old, check

" With engines this old, check your local area for parts dealers. Talk to the Service guys (or gals) and ask them. Even if they sell Nissans, most will be very candid about what goes bad. How many hours on the engines. Have you considered having a mechanic check them out and do an engine oil anylsis?Good luck, and post your results, Kim "

I have a 1985 6 cyl Nissan di

I have a 1985 6 cyl Nissan diesel that has about the HP you mentioned. I can provide you with some information about it. Let me know specifically what you are looking for.
Dick

"I think you got Nissan sd 33

"I think you got Nissan sd 33 engines.
Same engines are found in Nissan Patrol and forklifts.
Are they connected to stern drive, v- drive or direct shaft ?
I got two similar on mine Chris Craft 31 Commander
Ask whatewer you need....Best regards from croatia"

"I just picked up 4 aircraft t

"I just picked up 4 aircraft tugs (AMC or Jeep - Bob tails) from the US Air Force, and all four have the Nissan SD33.

Jeep body, SD33 engine, chrysler 727 tran, and with a Dana 70 24 rear end. Very solid and heavy (6,100 lbs each)"

"There are two Nissan diesel e

"There are two Nissan diesel engines that are commonly used that produce in the 90 HP range.

One is the 3.3l pushrod Six SD33 (and its little brother, the SD22/23/25 Four) and at least the Four version was introduced in about 1964 for forklift and industrial duty. The Six was in use by the late 60's.

The other is an OHC 2.8l Six, the LD28, which looks an awful lot like a Datsun 280Z engine. In automotive trim, it was an 80 HP engine; in agricultural/marine trim, it's closer to 92 HP. I think it was first available in about 1981; certainly, that's when the US first saw one in a car.

The two engines share no parts.

The SD33 was commonly used in the IH lineup from 1976-80 (in 1980 it also received a turbo) in Scouts, Travellers, and Terras.

The LD28 was available in 1981-83 only in the Datsun 810/Maxima as an option.

Pictures of an LD28 in an Albin 27 are here:
http://nissandiesel.dyndns.org/viewtopic.php?t=197"

"I have a 1974 Tollycraft with

"I have a 1974 Tollycraft with twin Nissan SD33's in in. One engine overheats. I would like any info available on common causes and where to get parts (i.e. 160 degree thermostat, etc.). Please send to my email [email protected]

Thanks"

"<center><table border=1><tr><

"<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_html.gif""" align=left alt=""text/html"">1
[url=""][b]Toddler-Halloween-Costumes.html[/b][/url] (8.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>[img]http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_html.gif""" align=left alt=""text/html"">2
[url=""][b]Tom-Arma-Halloween-Costumes.html[/b][/url] (5.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

Back