Logo

Johnson Sea Horsewhat year worth

ntamms

" can anyone tell me the age o

" can anyone tell me the age of a Johnson Sea Horse 10 hp with Model # OD18C and serial # 1619220, I know its pretty old but don't know exactly. Would anyone venture a guess as to what it is worth, it's in very good condition if not excellent condition. it runs great, starts very good ,and looks real good. I am thinking of putting it in the paper and am not sure what to ask, thanks for any info that you have. Neal "

"Ntamms.... That's QD18, n

"Ntamms.... That's QD18, not OD18 which is a 1957 10hp Johnson. I've no idea as to it worth.

Joe (30+ Years With OMC)"

"ntamms;I've been told the

"ntamms;I've been told the old double hose fuel tank is worth $200.00 on E-bay.That old motor was never a great motor as it had "plain" bearings not roller and needle bearings,use a very good grade of o/b oil and premium gas if you expect it to live very long.Good luck.
{[email protected]"

Those "old " motors d

Those "old " motors did have roller bearings . The 10hp JOHNSONS have had roller bearings since 1950 and they are good rugged motors.Make sure it has newer coils as the old coils were often cracked.If the motor has been cared for it should run for many more years.

Back