Logo

Where to find remote conversion kit

K

KJ Swan

"I have a '98 4 stroke Yam

"I have a '98 4 stroke Yamaha 25 hp with a tiller and long shaft....I'd like to convert it to a steering wheel...any idea on line where to get a kit (i've searched, no luck)?

And regarding the long shaft, is it easier/cheaper to buy a jack plate or remove parts (??) to shorten it?

thanks,

KJ [email protected]"

" Naturally, you will need a s

" Naturally, you will need a steering system package (helm, cable, hdwe & wheel). If you want to move your shift & throttle forward, you will need a control box, cables and a remote control conversion kit from a Yamaha dealer. From that same dealer, you will need a steering link arm. All of this stuff will cost several hundred dollars - sit's not cheap to convert a small outboard. As for the engine length, GNC makes a manual jack plate that travels the full five inches for under a hundred dollars. It is drilled, however, for the bolt pattern of larger outboards and may have to be modified for your engine. I don't know of any other plate that will give you five inches of lift. Do your homework. This may turn out to be quite a project. "

Back