Logo

Chrysler Motor ID

D

Don ONeal

HI I just got a 85 HP Chrysle

HI I just got a 85 HP Chrysler motor on a boat and need a few parts for but have no clue what year it is The Mod# is 857HA Ser# 3495 Can anyone tell me what the year is and what the plug gap is and what the point gap is Thanks Don

" Don,

Your engine is a 197

" Don,

Your engine is a 1970. The plug gap should be .040 in. I'm not sure about the point gap, but I think you could gap the points at .016 in.

Tony "

" Don,

If you are using the

" Don,

If you are using the recommended plugs (L20V) there is no gap to set. The points set at .014

Franz "

" We closed our dealership and

" We closed our dealership and still have many parts in stock for Chrysler, Force, Sea King, West Bend, and Game Fisher (Chrysler made models). All are being sold at 1/2 of the mfg. suggested list price (below wholesale.) Parts catlogs with an exploded view of each component and part order numbers, selling price $6.00. Factory service manuals $15.00. Copies of specific sections of a service manuals .40 per page.Please email me directly for more info. "

Thanks all for the help will

Thanks all for the help will start rebuilding the boat and motor now that I know what motor I have again Thanks

" Looking for an upper gear ca

" Looking for an upper gear case housing for a Chrysler 120hp 4cyl. engine, year 1977, model #1209HF, s/n 5148. The part has a cast-in # of 316554-24F. "

Back