Logo

1989 40 horse Evinrude alarm going off

R

Roy Casey

" Can anyone help me. My 1989

" Can anyone help me. My 1989 40 horse Evinrude has an alarm that goes of after running the boat 2-3 minutes in or out of the water. It goes off and on about every other second. Oil reservoir is good and I unpluged the beige wire from the reservoir and the alarm continues but if I ground the same beige wire on the engine side then the alarm goes off. Can anyone tell me what this means? It is not the temperature switch.
Thanks,
RCasey "

Make sure the tan wire coming

Make sure the tan wire coming from the temperature sensor is routed away from any spark plug wire. OMC also had a retro-fit on two and three cylinder temperature sensors. The new one has a tan wire with a blue tracer. The problem with the old one was false alarms.

" It is not a constant soundin

" It is not a constant sounding alarm like a temperaure sensor gives. I even grounded the tan wire from te temp sensr to rule it out and the alarm became constant. When I unplug the temp sensor tan wire no difference with the alarm. I believe its the VOR but not possitive. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
RC "

"Roy.... The warning alarm sys

"Roy.... The warning alarm system is as follows:

Constant beep = Overheating (On high hp models, also indicates fuel restriction)

Beep every 20 seconds (approx) = Oil tank down to 1/4 tank level.

Beep every other second = VRO pump failure, oil restriction, air in oil line.

Joe
"

" I'm trying to get the al

" I'm trying to get the alarm to stop a constant scream on a 1979 ,Evenrude Ski if you just turn key it starts before the motor cranks and stays on any ideas "

Back