Logo

More power for Crusader 270s

malcolm

" I have a 1986 32' Trojan

" I have a 1986 32' Trojan, with twin Crusader 270s. One has 1300 hours and the other 1100. I know I am looking at a rebuild or replace situation in the near future and I am wondering what I can to to improve the low end torque of this engine; such as adding the new Vortex heads and intake, roller cams etc. I am not looking to go faster but merely to produce more torque at a lower rpm. The only mods to the existing engines are the Prestolite electronic ignition. I am even thinking of the new GM 383 long blocks which are based on the 350ci small block albeit with a longer stroke. Any suggestion would be appreciated. "

Consider changing out prop to

Consider changing out prop to larger diameter less pitch. This will change tourqe curve to lower end giving you more power in the lower RPM range.

" If you are considering rebui

" If you are considering rebuild/replace, and want more torque, have you considered diesel?Sure its more $ up front but you get more low end punch, great reliability, super fuel economy and no explosion hazard. I was hesitant about diesel at first and after repowering two years ago, I kick myself for not doing it sooner. Kim "

Back