Logo

70 hp Golden Jet

S

suzanne

" Hello,
I send this e-mail i

" Hello,
I send this e-mail in desperation because I can not find the information I am looking for on the web.
My father recently passed away and he had several boat motors (he and God only know why as this was no where near his line of work and he had no hobbies) in his possession. One of which was a small engine(I am guessing or saw 7 h.p.) with nothing more than the words "Golden Jet" on the side of the motor. My searches have only found references in repair manuals which are for sale without giving a person the chance to view the information inside. Ebay had no info re "Golden Jet" engines.
My father died leaving my mother with no insurance and hospital,funeral bills and creditors. I have a man who wants to buy the outboard and no clue as to possible value. I will be travelling back to my hometown (200 miles) in 3-4 days and do not want to lose the chance to sell the motor but I have no clue as to value.
Please help me out by giving some thought to value or let me know where I might get this information.
Thank you, Suzanne in Michigan "

"Suzanne,

I am not a old ou

"Suzanne,

I am not a old outboard expert, but I looked up Golden Jet in Peter Hunn's Old Outboard Book.

He says:
<BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

Golden Jet
Sometimes also called the Eska Golden Jet, this marque ran from 1962 to 1969. Enigmatically, it is reported that Golden Jets didn't necessarily have water "jet thrust" drives but were fitted with standard propeller lower units.<!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the price guide in the back of the book it doesn't list Golden Jet, but it does include Eska motos (under 9HP) and the "value" range is $50 to $5 depending on the condition. General note is:
<BLOCKQUOTE><HR SIZE=0><!-Quote-!><FONT SIZE=1>Quote:</FONT>

Like many "modern era" fishing motors, ... worth more to an angler (for use) than to a collector.<!-/Quote-!><HR SIZE=0></BLOCKQUOTE>

So... it does not appear to be a very "collectable" model of outboard.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew"

Back