Logo

Desperately Seeking Suzuki Part

R

Rik Beimfohr

" Hi guys, I'm new to the

" Hi guys, I'm new to the board and hope someone will point me in the right direction. I have a 1984 Suzuki DT60. It needs an oil injection pump- Suzuki P/N 16100-95301. I've been told by my service shop that this is no longer available (nla) from Suzuki.
Does anyone know of a business that might have nla parts in stock? I'd appreciate any leads you might have.
Thanks in advance,
Rik B. "

Your best bet is to run that

Your best bet is to run that motor on 50:1 premix and to not worry about a pump. Suzuki does have a bad reputation for service and dealer network.You will find OMC and MERC dealers with 40 years at the same location which means something.

" That's what my service s

" That's what my service shop is advising, and I guess I really don't have any other choice but to do that. Has anyone ever had any luck appealing directly to Suzuki US or Japan for help?

It's rather ironic, because when I bought this motor, I chose it over a Johnson, strictly because of the oil injection. On the other hand, I can't really complain about 19 years of good service!

Oh well, at least it's repairable and I'll still have a motor to go out and chase all those fish!
Thanks for your input.
Rik "

I can get you either a new pu

I can get you either a new pump or possibly a used unit. Send me an e-mail and maybe I can give you more information.

Back