Logo

Refilling an b63 Evinrude Starflite 100S Selectic gearbox

cannondale70

" My father needs to know the

" My father needs to know the correct oil type/brand to refill the Selectric hydro/electric gearbox on an Evinrude Starflite 100S outboard. The motor is a 63' model (I believe). He's managed to find reference to "Premium blend/Type C lubrication" in the workshop manual but isn't really sure what this means. I've tracked down some product listings from the Castrol website (www.castrol.com.au - lube guide) but it doesn't have a specific Evinrude model listing for his particular motor/gearbox. We would like some help with the SAE (viscocity range) of the oil needed, and perhaps some definite substitute/compatible gear oil recommendations. Thanks for your help! Adam "

" They did'nt make a 100hp

" They did'nt make a 100hp in '63! 1966,'67,'68 were electric shift.1971& '72 were hydro-electric
in any case your local Evinrude/Johnson dealer will have the CORRECT lube! Try to remember to bring the engine model # to your dealer when you go to get the CORRECT lube.Why are you screwing with after market-brand X crap at all? jupiterzeke "

" Thanks very much guys! I&#39

" Thanks very much guys! I'll contact a few of our local outboard and boating shops down here in Brisbane, Australia and see if they can supply it. Hopefully they should carry lubricants to suit, although it is an old motor, and my father has had difficulty in the past obtaining parts, and getting advice about it.
Thank you again for your help. This is a great site that I'm sure we'll need in future! "

Back