Logo

Eska 35HP aircooled

dspikes

"I will soon be getting a 1972

"I will soon be getting a 1972 Eska (Sears)3.5HP air-cooled outboard. What, exactly, does "air-cooled" mean? Does it have an impeller? Can it be run without the lower unit having to be submerged in water? Is it a 2-stroke, or 4-stroke? Thanks."

"Stan,

Well, I've recei

"Stan,

Well, I've received the outboard, and you may be right. I've changed the points & condenser, set the timing, and have replaced almost every single part of the carburetor that I can find. (There is no longer a replacement carb. available) Still won't start. Comes very close, but still won't run."

"Sorry if I was a little agres

"Sorry if I was a little agressive, but about 35 years ago I received many blisters on my hands and lost a lot of religon over that same motor. i hope you prove me wrong. Good luck"

You were just being honest. I

You were just being honest. I'll keep you posted!
I'll work on it a little bit more as soon as I have time.

......just in case........is there any particular place that I should cut it to get the best use of it as an anchor?

"Hi, you may way to check the

"Hi, you may way to check the piston rings. I bought a 1982 3.5hp sea king at a sale, basicly the same as the eska. I was having the same issues as you are and it turns out from sitting for a while the piston rings gunked up and she wasn't getting much compression. I cleaned the piston rings and grooves out good, put it back together and it fires up now. hope this helps you out"

"I have the same exact model E

"I have the same exact model Eska, I replaced the piston rings, new gaskets and a magneto. It hadn't run in 3 years and caused much stress in my life. After the gaskets, rings, and magneto the Eska runs like a charm. Check out Certified Parts Corp. The power head is a av-520 the model number should be 1703d"

if you have not already try re

if you have not already try replacing the fuel lines

I just bought a 3.5 eska nead

I just bought a 3.5 eska nead to find a impeller for it. not sure of the year model number is 14183B anyone point me in the right direction for a replacement impeller looks like late70s to mid 80s anyone know

"the eska 3.5 1982 model numb

"the eska 3.5 1982 model number 14183B has a rubber impeller thats bad, everything i read it is suppost to be air cooled? any info on that,also do you know a place I could see and buy one on line."

"jeffrey the engine is air coo

"jeffrey the engine is air cooled but the impellor keeps the lower end cool and its a simple set up, its a lawn mower engine made by tecumseh for your air cooled engine."

Back