Logo

Chrysler 265 starter mptor

gryg1

Regular Contributor
This is a bit of a curley one!

This is a bit of a curley one!we have a 265 chrysler motor coupled up to a 300 series chrysler leg.need a starter motor.the one we had in it has broken a pinion gear that turns the flywheel.there is no marking whatsoever on the starter.all i can tell you that it has no solinoid .it is just a 2 bolt-on starter and cannot get one.tried to go to a wrecker to get a starter for the particular motor but apparantly it is not the same and was tolde that we would have to get a starter that fits the 300 series leg.i thought that the starter is usually parts of the motor but it seems that we have to get one that fits the chrysler leg.any knowlegable people out there that would be able to steer me in the direction where i can get one or some bosch or whatever make starter would do the job.we have been to the auto electricians and they cannot idenify the starter.it must of been a special of some sort.can anybody help please.

"You should be using a marine

"You should be using a marine starter. An auto electric shop that specializes in rebuilding starters and alternators might able to help you.

Note that many items on a marine engine are different than their automotive counterparts. This is by law and for your own safety. Some of these items are: starter, alternator, rubber fuel line, fuel pump, carbuerator, backfire flame arrestor. These items must be Coast Guard approved to be used on a boat."

we have been to the auto elect

we have been to the auto electricians and they cannot idenify the starter.it must of been a special of some sort.can anybody help please.

You could check out a marine s

You could check out a marine supply store or marine engine shop.

"<center><table border=1><tr><

"<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_html.gif""" align=left alt=""text/html"">starter
[url=""][b]starter.htm[/b][/url] (0.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>picture of the star}ter"

Back