Logo

How to make a 25 hp johnson 2004 faster

D

Dillon Offutt

I have a 25hp johnson 2004 2 s

I have a 25hp johnson 2004 2 stroke short shaft and i would like toknow everything i could possibly doto make it faster i have a solas ss prop 12 pitch but i need this motor to be as fast as possible for where i duck hunt there is a 25 hp limit and everyone is blowing past me i also have power tilt and trim and this is on a 15 42 war eagle boat any information would be greatly appreciated

"we need pics of motor setup o

"we need pics of motor setup on the transom
the higher up the motor is on the transom the faster u will go, but u could cavitate and over heat
what is ur WOT rpm?
also when u go WOT, do u trim it out?"

I'm betting you can put a

I'm betting you can put a lot more prop on that boat. At least a 10/13 and probably even a 10/15. I would go with the 15 for starters. Do you have a way to check your RPM's?

IE: I run a older 35 Johnson on a 13 Whaler with a 10/15 and it will run just over 30 MPH at WOT. Boat and motor with gear are around 550 lbs. and the cavitation plate is 1/2" below the bottom of the transom.

See if you can find a place to test some different props.

"The best props I have found t

"The best props I have found to use on those models are the 4 blads used on the 3 cylinders 25/35 engines. A bit pricy, but worth it."

Back