Logo

Ford Interceptor marine engine

"I know you guys are all about

"I know you guys are all about boats but I've used this site for reference as I've installed the Interceptor marine intake on my 1955 Thunderbird and thought some of you might want to take a look since I see one of you has put the bird valve covers on. Go to Timmy's Y-Block page to see the pics, this also a very good site for anyone working on a Y-Block. Grew up on the Great Lakes and love the older boats you guys are restoring!!"

"Gary, those pics don't sh

"Gary, those pics don't show on that web page. Did you block off the heat channel and what did you use for a valley pan?"

"Gary, I looked through Timmys

"Gary, I looked through Timmys' site with great
interest. Several intake pics did not appear
to work for me. Sadly they included yours.
Very informative link though! Thankyou!!!"

"My uncle gave me a 1963 troja

"My uncle gave me a 1963 trojan boat with a 312 in it. It also has the transmission. I am unsure if it is a type A, B, or C. It has brand new manifolds on it. The motor has not been cranked in around 20 or 30 years. Is this set up worth anything and if so how much?

thanks!"

Thanks in advanced
I have a 1962 Arena Craft with a 312 Interceptor and the engine oil dip stick is broken.
1. how much oil dose it ohold including filter?
2. where can I get a new or use dip stick and tube?

I just purchase a Dunphy X 55. It still has the twin side draft carbs. Due to the engine being on an angle and the leaking problems with the orig. carbs. I would like to change the intake manifold to a 4 barrell. Does anyone know where to get a Marine intake 4 barrell for a Y block interceptor? Or how to convert an Automotive one for marine use?

Thanks,
Seth

I believe marine down draft manifolds are pretty rare. I have the only one I have seen. Try this link http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=500&sort=&pagenum=2. This guy used a Blue Thunder auto manifold. He also is knowledgable about Y blocks and was very helpful to me. You'll need different plumbing fixtures. Also, CorrectCraftFan.com is an excellent resource for older inboards. There's even a Dunphy owner over there, but watch out, he'll hammer the heck out you if you tell him you're going to convert your rare Dunphy. To break the ice with him, tell him your going to west system the whole boat and paint it metal flake. He's very knowledgeable about your boat and a good guy.

Last edited:
Re: I have manifolds for a 292 or

I have manifolds for a 292 or 312 I do not know if they will fit 289 they should be the same small block manifolds but they will not be cheep ill charge 100 dollars less than marine sales and service in clinton twp michigan because I think that guy is a thief. To anyone out there I need a cam shaft new or used for a 312 I am currently rebuilding left turn. I also have horizontal intake manifolds as well as misc timing gears ect. leave a message 248 628 4676

If you are still looking for a camshaft reply to me.

Re: "I am in search of a set of Fo

Steve,
I have a "C' model dearbomatic transmission. I have gotten it to run ok and will go into forward and neutral and used to go into reverse. Now it doesn't go into reverse. It also makes a rattling noise as it engages. I would like to rebuild this transmission and keep it original and I am pretty handy- any chance you can give me some pointers? I have the interceptor manual that's been going around on the forum online (yellow cover), so it has a good exploded diagram. What do you think requires rebuilding? If so can you recommend a good place for parts and some good instructions?
Thx
Mitch

Back