Logo

Help What year is this Yamaha

K

Ken Kapp

" We just bought a "new&#3

" We just bought a "new" 25 hp 4 stroke Yamaha Outboard. We paid $3,368.00 for it and were told it was a new motor. While going over it we saw stickers on the starter and power pack that had 1999 on them. The waranty card had been removed from the owners manual and the dealer said he had sent it in for us. We fear this is an older model and our bill of sale doesn't say what year it is. The model number is F25ELHY. If anyone out there can tell us the year, please do as we need to take some action right away. I think we have 5 days by Florida law to get our money back. This is the same dealer that wouldn't take back the power pack he sold us before finding the rod through the block on the 150 Yamaha. Yes, I know, Why the heck did we buy it from him?? Well he is the only one close enough to take a boat to by water. We are 4 senior citizens who have fished together for many years and don't have proper boat trailers to haul our boats on.

Thanks and best regards,
Ken "

"Ken.... I'm sure that som

"Ken.... I'm sure that someone here will pinpoint the year of your engine. As for the warranty, call the warranty department and check it out.

Joe
"

" He's a jerk, but Yamaha

" He's a jerk, but Yamaha is a good company that makes a good product and will probably stand behind the warranty 110%. Call Yamaha after Christmas and find out about the warranty. It probably is a new non current year model. I'll see if I can find that engine for you in the Kelly Blue Book. Will post if I have any luck. "

" Ken, I checked the engine mo

" Ken, I checked the engine model # for you. According to the Kelly Blue Book, that is a 2000 Yamaha with electric start and no power trim and tilt. It listed the average reatil at $2390, but bear in mind that this pricing guide is often very much on the low side for fair market value of boat engines. Again, he was probably telling the truth that it was new (i.e. never been used) but it is a 2000 model. "

Back