Logo

Old outboard and i big question Model#120 scottatwater

S

skip meyers

" Okay i have a scott-atwater

" Okay i have a scott-atwater model#1-20 7.5 hp engine,4200 rpm serial #33252797W really old... i wanna get it running but okay well here it is- On the top back of the engine there is what looks like an oil or oil gas reservor it holds something! But on the front there is the plug in for the premix? yanno like most old outboards - so whats up what goes where is the question?is the one in the back to lube the drive shaft? i have no idea thanks skip "

" Follow the tubing and see wh

" Follow the tubing and see where it goes. If to the carburetor then it must be a fuel tank. I wouldn't be surprised if the tubing from the connector for the external tank doesn't have a tee or valve in it where the two sources join before they head to the carb. Just my guess, but I betcha that's what it is. "

" Hi Skip; Your motor was mad

" Hi Skip; Your motor was made in 1952. What you are describing is the fuel tank mounted on top of the motor. The connector on the from of the cowl is for an external fuel tank. It could be used either way. If you take off the cowling you will see a fuel pump going to the carb. Mix the fuel 16:1. Thats 8 ounces of oil to 1 gallon of gas. Use a 2 cycle outboard oil with a TC-w3 rating and 89 octane gas. The lower unit gets 80-90w marine gear oil, not grease like it says on the lower unit near the fill hole. Gap the points at .020 on the high side of the cam. The spark plug should be gapped at .035. If you need any more advice or parts, email me. Hope this helps. Seeya Don "

Back