Logo

Starting batteries for Lehman 120bs

P

Peterson

Need to replace the two 4D st

Need to replace the two 4D starting batteries for my twin Ford Lehman 120's. They start easy. Do I have to buy the hard to install 4D's or can I go with a smaller marine starting battery

" Sure a smaller battery will

" Sure a smaller battery will probably start the engines, but why not keep the orininal set up?? I was always of the belief that when at sea you can never have too many battrey amps. The other thing to consider is what is the amp rating on your battrey switch and cables. How about other loads such as inverters, etc. Good luck, Kim "

"I ran two 8D's for my twi

"I ran two 8D's for my twin Ford 120 Lehman's in the Pacific NW for Cold starts. Now in Florida, I run the 4D's, probobly wouldn't consider smaller batteries as these engines require enourmous amps to turn over for rapid starting."

for easier installation i use

for easier installation i use 2 6 volt golf cart batteries in series

"Starting batteries should not

"Starting batteries should not be deep cycle batteries. You want to provide as much power to the starter as you can, to get it going and build compression, so you're concerned with cranking amps (how well the battery can deliver a lot of power at once), and not amp hours (how long a small charge takes to deplete the battery). A good truck starting battery is far better than any marine battery for this purpose (and cheaper).

Brad http://yachtpals.com/cordelie"

Back