Logo

Gray operating temperature

T

thomas stone

I have a 25hp sea-scout. What

I have a 25hp sea-scout. What is the proper operating temp?Should this engine have a thermostat? Where can I find parts?-thomas

" The information that I have

" The information that I have show thermostats for fresh water cooling on the Graymarine 4 and 6 cylinder engines. The thermostat will create a bypass circuit through the block and oil cooler, but not through the heat exchanger.
Andrew "

" My engine is raw water coole

" My engine is raw water cooled. The engine was just installed prior to me buying the boat.(rebuilt,remanufactured). I have recently got all of the gauges working but the temp does not go above 100.Glad I found this site. I am having a terrible time trying to find info on this motor.I am pretty sure their is no thermostat,and with talking to A4 owners they say their motors run 160 to 180.Thanks for the help.
thomas "

"I have a gray marine sea scou

"I have a gray marine sea scout. It was installed by the Bristol company, raw water cooled and did not have a thermostat. I replaced it with a gray 4-40 which does. The thermostat/bypass unit failed. I have cleaned it up. The old thermostat opens at about 160 degrees. I believe it was installed with the cooling system hoses connected wrong. Anybody with proper information on connections? Also need Dole carol Stream thermostat. Any sources for thermostat about 1" diameter to fit? Old engine was running (rough)when I took it out. Any one interested, make offer."

Back